Terms and Conditions
New York Boutique Law Firm Networking Group Listserv Rules and Etiquette.
The following are our general guidelines for participating in the listserv. These rules and etiquette guidelines shall be observed at all times.
Intended Use & Purpose: This listserv lets you share questions and ideas with colleagues even when you can’t get together in person. It can also help you get to know and stay in touch with other lawyers in the New York Boutique Law firm Networking Group when you are not at our monthly meetings or events. The listserv allows you to email all of the Members who have opted-in to participate in the Listserv, regarding everything from tech tips, legal opinions, requests for forms, information about events and opportunities, requests for introductions, hiring opportunities, and anything else appropriately related to the practice and business of law.
Please review the following guidelines. By joining and using these e-mail lists, you agree that you have read and will follow the rules and guidelines and that the listserv managers, the people using the listserv and the members of the New York Boutique Law Firm Networking Group including the website and listserv administrators will be held harmless from any issues arising from the exchange of any & all information and email transactions.
We reserve the right to suspend or terminate list access and participation for those members who violate the rules and guidelines.
· Do not challenge or attack any individual or business.
· Do not collect names or e-mail addresses, also known as “harvesting”, to be used for contacting any list subscriber outside of the list server.
· Do not post commercial messages or solicitations of any kind whether on behalf of an individual or entity.
· Contact people directly with information you believe would help them.
· Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials.
· Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
· All listserv participants should avoid any collusive practices or discussions. Collusion is an agreement to fraud and most usually is evidenced in the following anti-trust violations: product boycott, restrictive market allocation, refusal to deal with a third party, and price restraining activities. There need not be written or verbal agreements to fraud.
· Conversation regarding any of these sensitive areas may be construed as implicit violations.
· Be professional and polite at all times.
· Be sure your name, affiliation, and location are listed on e-mails that you send.
· Include a specific and concise topic in the subject line. This allows others to respond appropriately and search the archives by subject.
· Messages such as “thank you” or “please send me information” should be sent to individuals, not the entire list.
· Message length should be kept to a minimum. Warn recipients in the subject line that the body will be long by including the words, “Long Message.”
· Administrative messages should be sent to the list administrator. This includes messages such as “remove me from the list” or “please change my e-mail address”.
· Information posted on the lists is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws. The Listserv management is not responsible for the content of any message sent through the Listserv nor as individual follow-up emails.
· Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or implicitly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another’s business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade.
· The Listserv is provided as a service of the New York Boutique Law Firm Networking Group .
· The New York Boutique Law Firm Networking Group and its members are not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others.
· The New York Boutique Law Firm Networking Group disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on this site.
· This disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness.
· In no event shall the New York Boutique Law Firm Networking Group be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
· Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner.
· By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner.
· In addition, the posting party grants the New York Boutique Law Firm Networking Group and users of this list the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
· Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another’s business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade.
· The New York Boutique Law Firm Networking Group does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings.
· However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of the New York Boutique Law Firm Networking Group, we will take appropriate action.
· The New York Boutique Law Firm Networking Group reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
· If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the list administrator